The original property, now known as Green Acres, was constructed in the late 1800's. The building has been used for many different businesses, including: a stagecoach resting area, general store, taverns, dance halls and many different styles of restaurants. In the late 1930's, Jack Hammersley acquired the building. From the late 1930's up to 1972, the property was known as Jack's Riverside Inn. In 1972, Maynard and Deloris Wood became owners of the property and it was called Wood's Diner. In 1986, Ted and Amy Klein began managing Green Acres, we purchased the business in 1990 and have operated it with the help of our staff since.